The online ceremony of signing Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between APPU and UNI Apro was taken place on Friday, 11 December 2020 at 10.00 hrs. (Bangkok time)
The MoU shall in force for a period of three years from the effective date and it was approved by Mr. LIN Hongliang, the Secretary General of APPU and Mr. Mitsugi Masuda, President of UNI Apro Post & Logistics.
The purpose of the MoU is to promote the cooperation between APPU and UNI Apro in areas of developing the sustainable postal services and logistics within the framework of their respective areas of the responsibility in Asia and the Pacific, the main contents and details covered the following aspects:
- Initiate and facilitate continuous consultation and cooperation with and between stakeholders to develop effective future workforce strategy to prepare for the disruptive changes and skill requirements in the era of the fourth industrial revolution. It should include adjustment measures that minimize job displacement and a program to ensure the smooth “transitioning” of the workers from the old to new or reformatted jobs.
- Develop and implement activities aimed at:
1) Educating and informing APPU and UNI Apro leadership and members,
2) Empowering the stakeholders with knowledge and skills to manage the challenges,
3) Facilitating the exchange of experiences, information and good practices among the stakeholders and APPU and UNI Apro membership to facilitate and encourage the development of coordinated response to manage adjustments and promote new postal services and activities.
The Ceremony was witnessed by: Ms. Kwanjai Kajornwuttideth, Manager Administration and APPU Affairs Asian Pacific Postal Union Bureau, Mr. Rajendra Acharya, UNI Apro Regional Secretary, Ms. Cornelia Berger, Head of UNI Post and Logistics, Ms. Yoko Ogawa, Director of UNI Apro Post and Logistics and other officers from Uni side.