APPU aims to extend, facilitate and improve postal relations between the 32 member countries and promote cooperation in the field of postal services. By acting as a regional centre of excellence we are Taking Posts into the Future by facilitating access to regulatory, operational and commercial best practice.
- We provide coordination for Universal Postal Union technical assistance in the region
- We act as the regional platform for consultation on key global matters impacting on the postal sector
- We contribute benchmarking of best postal practice to APPU members
- We disseminate information on worldwide postal sector policy and regulations
- We support and generate networking within and outside the region leading to postal sector development
The core values of APPU are shared with those of APPC and
apply to staff and visitors.
Respectful – it is essential staff and visitors show respect given the wide cultural diversity of our 32 members
Accountable – all staff and visitors are accountable for their actions and should place the wider needs of the APPU community before their own.
Quality – We want to deliver quality in all aspects of the service we provide to our members
Innovative – We encourage staff to be innovative in their thinking and their actions to ensure we move forward
Professional – We aim to provide a professional output that goes beyond our members’ expectations
Passionate – We want our staff to be passionate about their work and proud to work at the APPU and APPC